Sunday, July 1, 2012

My Favorite Things….

 

I read a couple of blogs where the author wrote about things that she was enjoying at the moment.  I thought that would be fun! Here goes!

*Downton Abbey. 

I love a good period piece.  This one starts off right after the sinking of the Titanic.  It’s quite a fun drama to follow, plus there are  some fun romantic story lines. I finished season 1, and started to re-watch the first episode while Jeremy was home.  His interest kind of peaked when I started it. The next day I got a text from him saying “Curse you woman!!”. Apparently he wound up watching season 1 as well because he got hooked. We even got a 21 year old guy from our church hooked on it!  Hah!

                             DowntonAbbey


*Gotye and Walk Off the Earth. “Somebody That I Used to Know”.

I like the original Gotye song, but Walk Off the Earth’s version is just SO cool!

Original version.
Walk Off the Earth version. LOVE!!

How did they even come up with the idea of 5 people playing 1 guitar?? Genius!


*Felicity.  Yes. The show Felicity from the 90’s.  This is what happens when you don’t have Satellite anymore and your husband puts in volunteer hours at the church leaving you home by yourself.  You get stuck watching Felicity on Netflix. There’s just something about that opening theme song that takes me right back in time.  Back when life was a whole lot easier.  I wonder if any of my other friends feel that pang in your stomach when you hear/watch it. Please do let me know. Enjoy-

Turning back time….


* Iced Tea with Lime and Stevia.

                                Limes --- Image by © P.Ginet -Drin/photocuisine/Corbis

It’s been SO hot in our house without A/C that we have to come up with ways to cool off.  One of them is Ice cold tea with lime squeezed into it. Then I take add a little dropper of stevia.  Such a refreshing drink!


*Taking pictures of the cat while he’s in strange positions.  I’m sure when I have kids one day I’ll add photos of them doing strange things….but until then, you all get Sox. Deal with it. Hah.

                   IMAG0327

                             0107011532a

                             IMAG0400


*Evening Spa treatments for my feet. 

So year round in the Summer, my feet look like they went through a blender that swallowed bolts. Cracked. Dry. Gross.  I finally got tired of it and decided to go to Sally Beauty Supply and get supplies that a pedicurist would use. Every night I soak my feet in warm/cool water that I’ve added a skin softener to. Then I use a pumice stone to grind and scrape smooth my heels. Next I use the foot scrub just like they would at a nail salon and rub it in to exfoliate.  On the weekends I will then apply a foot mask, let it sit for 10 minutes, and remove it.  To finish it off, I apply an overnight cream to my feet. Let me tell you- my feet look SO much better!  I’m not embarrassed to think that people behind me in line can see the cracks on my heels when I’m in flip flops. Plus, I now look forward to my nightly foot soaks. It’s quite relaxing!

                                 VtourF2010Cosky_17


I think that’s enough for now. Next time I’ll share a little tutorial on sprucing up magazine holders to make them look cute and fashionable. 

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment