Monday, March 26, 2012

Nature surrounds us, why not use it?

This whole week whenever I walk past the living room window, I am just blown away at how awesome this bush is:

IMAG0278

Now don’t let the picture fool you, the yellow is super bright! I’m still learning how to enhance photos, so hopefully soon I’ll be able to post better looking pictures.  Here is an up close shot:

IMAG0279

I decided that I wanted to have some of that yellow happiness in my house, so I got a vase, clippers, and got to work.  I cut off some pretty long branches and adjusted them in the vase. 

IMAG0281

 

It looks great!  I’m going to make sure and do this for every season! We have a Hawthorne tree in the backyard, so in the fall it will make a fantastic center piece!  Have you ever used nature in your area to make something pretty for your home?  Post a photo or link in the comment section. I’d love to hear and see about your nature crafty moments!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment