Thursday, July 18, 2013

Christmas Tree and Plans for the Moon….

 

 

I was recently going through a box of paperwork from when I was in Fourth grade, and found some weekly reader magazines!  It was so funny to read the articles and see what was “in” back in 1983/84.  I took a couple of screen shots of them:

     20130707_130508                           20130707_130558

                                           20130707_130659

Obviously we’re still working on the drug problem! And wow are “Robot Toys”A.K.A. Transformers back  from the dead!  Little did the creators know that there would be movies made about them! And I guess we fell behind on the Moon Base.  I think that plan was a little ambitious!  It was so fun to read through these!


Weigh In Thursday:

After the hospital ER and all of that jazz I thought I’d get really thrown off task. Especially since I had to stop walking for a bit.  I’ve been really watching what I’ve been eating, with treats every now and then, and it’s actually been working out well! My total loss as of this morning since my first post is –11 Pounds.  I’m curious as to what will happen after my surgery.  I’ll probably be on pain meds, and all of that crazy stuff that goes along with it, so I’ll have to give myself some grace.  If I do gain some, it will come right off after I start work because I’m constantly moving all day long.  This is one reason that I’m so happy that I lost this much! Usually over summer I gain weight!  Huzzah!


Back in December, we were determined to find a tree bag to store our Christmas tree in.  I happened to be walking around TJ Maxx and found one in the sale bin. (Score!)  So I happily brought it home with high hopes.  Here are some photos of Seth and Jeremy trying to shove the monstrosity into the bag.  Now our tree matched  every physical attribute that was listed on the bag as to what will fit inside it. I think they need  to re-assess these requirements.

IMAG0636 (1)                                 IMAG0637 (1)

So this is what we wound up with:  A lawn/garden bag for the top part of the tree,  the rest of it  gaping out the zipper of the bag, and a bloody hand. Fail!!!!

           IMAG0638       IMAG0634

So now this ridiculousness sits in the basement.  I’m not even sure if we’re going to use this tree this year. I’m tired of the light debacle that I encounter every year.

I should add that Seth and Jeremy both agree that we should just buy a body bag because the tree is sure to fit inside it.  Gross. Not happening, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment