Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sausage Fingers….

It’s no secret that I’ve gained some weight since I got married. For the last couple of years I have been unable to remove my wedding rings to be cleaned.  After my good friend Katie had a mishap with her diamond falling out of her prongs, I became more afraid that the same would happen to mine! 

IMAG0357

I’d always had the thought in the back of my mind that something could happen to my diamond because I’ve not been able to take it in to be serviced and checked over.  Well…I was lying in bed one night, and the ring was loose on my finger, so I tried to take it off.  It made it most of the way off, and I got so excited I started screaming like a child asking Jeremy to help get it all the way off!  It’s now sitting in it’s case waiting to be cleaned this week! Yay!

 


On Saturday Jeremy and I had a half day in Golden.  We went on the Coors Brewery tour, which I hadn’t done in years!  It’s now a self guided tour, and you have this device that you hold up to your ear like a phone, and it gives you information on the specific part of the tour. (And for anyone who’s a germ freak like me wondering, they do bleach wipe them when they are returned. Thank God!)   After that we went to our favorite restaurant in Golden,Woody’s pizza.  Best salad bar ever!  Here are a couple of shots from inside Coors.

P.S. Adolf Coors was only 13 when he brewed up his first batch of beer!

Copper Kettles for brewing:

IMAG0352

What’s on the menu:

IMAG0354


I’ve seen people with little lamps in their kitchen, and I’ve grown to really like how it looks. I have a couple of friends who have them, I saw them on Malcolm in the Middle, and on Modern Family, and my Mom has one in her kitchen. It adds a little bit of cozy ambiance that I wanted to add to my own kitchen. I’ve looked all over the place for the perfect one and I couldn’t seem to find anything. Fast forward to an impromptu trip to Wal-Mart the other day, when I spotted this little gem!  It’s a nice little addition to the corner by the sink. In fact, I kind of want to go get another one. By the way. The shade was 4$ and the base was 5$

IMAG0362

Sorry this was a boring post. I’m just getting into Summer mode and the different job hours, so not much has happened that’s worth a post. Till next time.

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I think your posts are so creative and I love the snapshot of your mind and life!

    ReplyDelete