Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Birth Story. My crazy, eventful, glorious Birth Story. Part 1.




Be forewarned. This will have a lot of TMI in it. It is a birth story after all. Haha.
Oh. And this will be long. I’m going to make two posts of it.
So.  Wednesday, October 1st. I had my weekly appointment at the OB at 11:00 ish.  We got in the room, and the Doctor did a cervix check. (Those are not very pleasant! It’s like having a whole  hand shoved up your vajayjay. Although it’s nothing compared to what happens later…)  Apparently I was dilated to between  1-2 cm.  Sweet.  After she finishes, I notice that she has nails like a vampire. Long ass nails.  I thought to myself, “She should not have long nails like that especially if your putting them up inside a woman!  What the heck!!” After that, we go use the restroom and head to the elevators. And that’s when I felt it. Did I just pee myself?  What is that wet feeling? Umm. Jeremy?  Of course on this one day, there are literally 5 people waiting for the elevator. Never on a regular day. Just on the day that my water breaks!!!  So yes. We head back to the doctor’s office as I’m gushing fluid down my jeans.  So. Weird.  Then I start thinking.  I bet the doctor ruptured my water sac with her talons!  Cut the nails, lady!!!  We were instructed to go home and get our things, eat, and get back to the hospital. It’s go time!!  So our first stop? Jimmy John’s!!! I had to go 9 months without that lovely lunch meat of yumminess!   Italian Night Club. Oh Yes. It was SO good! I did realize that I may barf it up later (I didn’t) but I surely didn’t care at that moment!  We ran home, got our bags and last minute things that I thankfully had made a list for.  Then we headed back to the hospital. Yikes!  I started to feel contractions by the time we left the house.  Nothing consistent. One every 8 minutes.  4 minutes.  6 minutes. 3 minutes.  Totally sporadic.  When we get to the hospital, I get hooked up to the monitors to see how baby and I are doing in the heart rate department.  All is good so far.
                               20141001_183645
I get the IV tube put in. She blows up the first vein. Man that hurt!  Finally got it on the second shot. Thank God!
                                 20141001_183511
After about 20 minutes, I was cleared to go walking to progress the labor process.  Around 6, the doctor comes in and suggests Pitocin to get things started. Just one drip of it to help out.  I didn’t really want it, but I wasn’t progressing at all, so I agreed as long as it was low and slow. Which my nurse assured my multiple times that it would be.  I was put back on heart rate monitoring because of the Pitocin.  Good thing, because for almost every contraction I had, Vivian’s heart rate dropped for a couple of seconds. Quite concerning after a while.  The Doctor came in frequently to monitor the heart rate drops and assess the situation.  This went on for an hour and a half.



Then at 7:30….the dreaded nurse shift change happened…….



See part 2 tomorrow.

*Here is the link to Part 2: http://an-ordinary-princess.blogspot.com/2014/10/birth-story-part-2.html

No comments:

Post a Comment